Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tuesday 15th January (Week 16)

Hi folks.

Have started the week on a high, in terms of exercise. After playing for Murderonzidanesfloor FC last night and keeping our unbeaten record going, I tried out the uni gym today. It was successful although I have forgotten how warm it gets in there and was dripping after 15 mins on the treadmill. A bit of rowing and working out what half the machines do, and I was sufficiently happy with my effort. 

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL

I also ran OUTSIDE once I got home. And a long(ish) way too. And at a decent pace. After a week of little/no exercise, I managed a solid 6.5 miles, without even feeling out of breath. 

Feel exhausted.


Route for Wednesday Week 16: 6.58 miles, 60 minutes.
Estimated Marathon Completion Time: Probably somewhere around 5 hours





On another note, I also have a new coach - a man who has experienced marathon running before. (He also ran a marathon after 6 pints and several cigarettes the night before and VERY LITTLE training - and still finished it quicker than I expect to).

Meet Bob (Coach):



Bob's advice of the week:

"A young man of your age should be able to run it in under 4 hours, even with no previous training (before now). This week, you need to go on a couple of runs: one of around 5 miles, the other one 7 miles. Also, you need to start recording your pace, this will give you a rough time to aim for. Remember on the actual day, you will likely knock around 5-10% off of your time due to the crowd cheering you on."

Wise words. I will attempt another run tomorrow and update all you mega-fans as soon as. 

For now, I will leave you with my 'Song-to-run-to' of the week. (Also, check out Gross Magic if you want some new music to listen to (there you go, Bob!))

Gracias amigos.







FEEL FREE TO START DONATING - IT'S FOR A GOOD CAUSE:


No comments:

Post a Comment